Scope of cover:-
Employer’s Liability (common law) Cover indemnifies the employer in respect of death or injury to employees arising out of or in the course of employment in accordance with common law liability in respect of suits filed in court by the injured workman.
- The employer should keep a record of any accident involving a workman and a duly completed claim form should be sent to the Insurer.
- Statements should be immediately recorded from eyewitnesses to the accident as well as the injured employee’s supervisor and these should be sent along with the claim form to the Insurer.
- Form DOSH I & II (Notice by Employer of Accident Causing Injury to, or death of a Workman) should be completed in quadruplicate, and the original should be sent to the Directorate of Occupational Safety and Health Services or Sub-County Occupational Safety and Health offices in which the accident occurred. The duplicate and triplicate copies should be sent to the Medical Practitioner attending the injured workman, and the last copy should be sent to the Insurer.
- As soon as DOSH I & II part 2 is completed by the Medical Practitioner, it should be sent to Directorate of Occupational Safety and Health Services(DOSH) offices to obtain Dosh/WIBA 4.
- On receipt of form DOSH/WIBA
- Original receipts for medical expenses incurred should be sent to the Insurer.