Work Injury Benefits Act (WIBA)
The Scope of Cover:-
WIBA indemnifies employers in the event of injuries or death sustained by the employee whilst in the course of employment with the employer. The insurance protection caters for all financial costs, compensation or medical care to workers injured during their employment under the Act.
- Compensation in the event of death, or permanent disability.
- Compensation for injuries and chronic illnesses contacted in the cause of employment.
- Compensation calculated for 96 months earning in the event of death
- Weekly earnings for accidents (wages up to 52 weeks)
- Specified limits of Medical expenses Ksh. 100,000
- Last expense cover Ksh. 30,000
- Employer’s Company registration certificate
- Company’s PIN copy
- Number and category of employees to be covered and their respective salaries
- The policy is based on position of employees
How to File a WIBA Claim
- A claim for WIBA compensation is lodged by the claimant or on his behalf immediately after the injury or death
- Provide written statements from the insured detailing the occupational accident. Include eye witness statements.
- We shall then help you to fill the claim form to the Director of occupational health and safety (DOSH) within the required deadlines.
- Complete forms to be sent to the local Labour Office for further assessment.
- Fill in the WIBA 4 Form and return to us with a copy of your ID and your work-related documents.
- We shall follow up your claim after receipt of full documentation.